Get advice now, call 020 8318 7768
Get advice now, call 020 8318 7768

Child and Dependant Visa Lawyers London


If you are a British national or are settled in the UK, you may have children or adult dependent relatives who can come and live with you in the UK. Stevens Machi solicitors can advise you on your personal circumstances.

Applying for a UK Child Visa - London

In order for your children to be able to come and live with you in the UK, they must meet certain criteria including:

  • Being aged under 18.
  • Must not be married or in a civil partnership.
  • Must be coming to the UK to join parents who are both settled in the UK (however there are some exceptions to this rule).
  • If your child is adopted, you must be able to prove that you have genuine parental responsibility.

Our team of experts will be able to assess your personal circumstances and determine your child’s eligibility for this visa. Furthermore, we will guide you through the process of application, and ensure you fully understand the process. Also, we can ensure you produce the required documentary evidence to prove your child’s eligibility for this visa where available, speeding up the process and giving your visa application the best chance of success.

Applying for a UK Adult Dependent Relative Visa, UK

If you have an adult relative who is dependent on you, they may also be able to join you in the UK. In order to be eligible for the visa, you will need to be able to prove certain criteria, including that:

  • The relative is aged 18 or over.
  • They are a parent, grandparent, sibling, son or daughter of a British national or of someone who is settled in the UK.
  • They are in need of long-term assistance in carrying out everyday tasks.
  • They cannot receive the support they need in the country they are currently living in.
  • They can be supported financially by the UK-based relative without the assistance of any state benefits.

If you have a dependent relative who may be eligible for this visa, contact out expert legal team today. We can advise you on your particular circumstances and guide you through the visa application process. We will also provide you with information on what happens after your visa has been granted, as part of our commitment to customer service.

Child and Dependant Relative Visa Application Process, UK

The Home Office apply stringent rules as to who may be granted the visa and you will need to provide an extensive amount of documentary evidence to prove eligibility. You will also need to provide documentation to prove that you meet the financial requirements set by the UK government. Many applications are refused on the grounds that the applicant has not been able to adequately prove that they meet the requirements.

However, our expert immigration solicitors can assist you in making a successful application. We have a full understanding of complex immigration rules and what is required to ensure your visa application is granted. Using an expert immigration solicitor can save you the time and the expense of re-submitting a failed application. Contact Stevens Machi today to find out how we can help.

Contact our Expert Child & Dependent Relative Visa Lawyers in London

Whatever your immigration situation, you need an immigration lawyer with the knowledge, experience and dedication to ensure that you get the visa you want as quickly as possible. With over 30 years’ combined experience, specialising exclusively in Immigration and Human Rights Law, you can be confident that Stevens Machi Solicitors will obtain for you the best possible outcome. We are passionate about winning our cases. Fill out our contact form or call us today on 020 8318 7768.

Make an enquiry

Invalid Input
Invalid Input
Invalid Input
Invalid Input
Invalid Input